The Best Snack!!
What do I snack on….well just about everything really because I love snacking and eating!!
Recently though I discovered almond butter, I have no idea why I hadn’t ever tried this before, but it’s a game changer and I just love it! I am making my way through different pots and makes, trying them all out to see what is best and can recommend some of the following options for you to try:
- Pip and Nut Smooth Almond butter (the texture of this!)
- Pip and Nut Almond Butter with Coconut – just amazing!
- Pip and Nut Crunchy Almond Butter
- Pip and nut Honey Almond Butter – perfect for porridge
- Meridian Almond Butter (slightly more oily consistency to Pip and nut but still delish!) The oil is all natural and the separation is something you will find with good quality nut butters.
- Sainburys own brand Almond Butter – this is a really good one to try as a cheaper alternative, great texture and taste too.
(Considering I have only discovered this recently, I think I am doing well at eating all these flavours!!! As I said, it is my favourite go to snack at the moment!!!)
Plus…almonds are great for brain power -along with other superfoods too…another benefit!
How do I eat it?
Well, I could just spoon it from the jar, but I am trying to resist the temptation to do this and am trying to eat with other nutrients to get a more balanced snack! So here is a little list of how I would tend to eat almond butter to give you an idea of options to try….
- Almond Butter on coated rice cakes – top it on a Kallo Wholegrain Rice Cake and you won’t look back – have your cake, eat it, and you will be one happy person!
- Almond Butter on porridge – game changer!
- Almond Butter on fruit – try it on fresh blueberries and raspberries, so lovely!
- Almond butter on frozen raspberries – I love this snack!
- Almond butter on 0% fat Total Fage Greek Yoghurt
These are just some ideas of how to eat almond butter – you can also add it into protein shakes and smoothies for an added source of healthy fats.
Recommended serving – I use 25 – 30g per serving and I do measure this religiously. It is delicious and a good source of fats for you, but like most things, good for you in moderation – keep thinking calories in versus calories out 🙂
Holland and Barrett have also started selling the Pip and Nut on the go almond butter 30g sachets, which are perfect to take with you when you are out for the day or just want to save time weighing from the jar each time!
I hope this is helpful and you enjoy.
P.S Pip and Nut recently announced they are doing a limited edition of Chocolate Orange Almond Butter and believe me, this one may be spooned straight from the jar when I get my hands on this!!!
Lots of love,